About the role
The Apprentice Assistant Property Manager will directly assist the management of an allocated portfolio of residential blocks, providing an accurate and efficient property management service.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of residential blocks.
- Oversee day to day contracted and cyclical maintenance and other works to an appropriate standard.
- Manage electronic data and e-mails and ensure all client files are updated.
- Deal with flat owners/tenants’ queries verbally and in written form.
- Issue service charge and ground rent application for payments.
- Liaise with the credit control department to chase for arrears.
- Assist in the production of budgets, including reserve funding for the forthcoming year.
- Carry out regular site visits to ensure all buildings are in good order.
- Distribute information to residents concerning management issues.
- Ensure health & safety actions are executed in a timely manner.
- Log insurance claims.
- Update the solicitors’ enquiry packs.
- Deal with any other property that may arise within the team.
- Prepare for and attend Directors meetings and Annual General Meetings with Leaseholders and write up minutes for approval (often held during the evening).
- Operate the emergency phone on a rota basis (currently one week in four).
This role will be supported with a formal apprenticeship Level 3 in Housing and Property Management accredited by the Chartered Institute of Housing which includes membership with IRPM at associate level once completed. Nominal Letters after your name at AIRPM.
Salary Range & Benefits
- Hours of work: – 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday (Evening meetings repaid in time in lieu)
- Salary range: – £16,000 to £20,000 depending on experience.
- Holiday pay 28 days (including bank holidays)
- Pension: – Statutory pension
- Driving licence / Car: – Driving licence required with travel expenses paid – own vehicle required.