Main Purpose of the Role
To The main role is to observe and learn. With time, their responsibility will develop into the below.
To assist the person responsible for the delivery of an allocated project to the best of their ability utilizing their prior education and experience at work. Health and Safety of one’s self and of all personnel on site is paramount at all times.
A grasp of time and budgetary responsibility must be attained and developed into sound understanding. Develop the key managerial skills of leadership and teamwork through study and experience. Quality of product and pride in presentation are to be upheld at all times.
Engage and develop knowledge of QA/ISO systems and other company procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
Health & Safety:
- To the best of your ability, ensure compliance with H&S legislation, policies, safety plans, risk assessments and method statements.
- Always lean on the side of caution if in doubt and ask a Manager
- Ensure the project (site) is never left unattended without appropriate cover
- Educate and act immediately and accordingly to ensure desired behaviour of all site personnel
- Assist in delivering the project on time and to pre-determined time targets.
- To assist in carrying out the construction in the most effective manner and deal with all obstacles efficiently and appropriately
- To sit in on sub-contractor meetings and record/distribute minutes of the meeting
- Assist in preparing short term programmes in liaison with the Site Manager
- Assist in ordering, planning and scheduling material delivery requirements and prepare accurate and timely material requisitions, in liaison with the Site Manager, to enable efficient construction processes, enabling buyers enough time to attain the best rates, minimising unnecessary storage on site whilst having sufficient on site to keep up with programme and complete work packages
- Assist in the handing over of the completed scheme to the client on time, to agreed quality standard and budget
- Maintain quality control using ISO systems
- Take part in sub-contractor performance reviews with the project team
- Assist in providing detailed customer care information
- To assist in the control of the site on a daily basis and implement policies and objectives effectively as advised by Site Manager or company procedure
- To assist the site team in organising and control the construction of the development in accordance with the drawings, schedules, ERs, and specification provided and the construction programme
- To develop knowledge of relevant building warranty and statutory authorities’ standards and implement them to the best of the individual’s ability
- Assist in reviewing issued drawings and ensuring they are complaint and deliverable
- Ensure site is clear, tidy and compliant with corporate standards — at all times.
- Maintain boundaries in a condition that are best in class
- Attend monthly meetings between the Site Manager and the Contract Surveyor regarding the preliminary budgets, develop knowledge and make suggestions where improvements could be made
- Keep costs under control, by ensuring works are done once and done well
- Assist in the preparation of material take-offs and call-off schedules accurately in a timely manner to enable the best price
- Minimise material requisitions by accurately forecasting requirements
- To deal effectively with any poor standards appropriately, whether internal or external personnel, to ensure site is functioning efficiently, to the agreed programme, safely and to budget
- Line manage (plan, organise, lead, delegate action, set control and review) Sub- Contractors effective.
- To work in partnership with other departments and proactively drive communication and problem solving with them so you can achieve the plan, using clear communication showing leadership and taking ownership of issues
- The role of a Trainee is a broad spectrum as development and learning generally takes place so rapidly. The main objective is to observe and learn. Slowly integrating small areas of responsibility
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as and when required
Scope/size of role (budgets, turnover, people etc):
- This should be read in conjunction with the authorities’ chart that forms part of the ISO production manual
Significant internal/external relationships:
- Internal : Contracts Manager, Project manager, Senior Site Manager, Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager, Technical Co-ordinator, Contracts Surveyor
- External : Clients, Sub-contractors, consultants, statutory bodies, affected residents
8am – 5pm
London Living Wage
12-24 Months, depending on current qualifications and experience.
It will be an advantage if you have previous related work experience, CSCS and or PASMA, but this is not essential.