Purpose of the role
Assist the Head of Estate Management and Estate Facilities Manager with managing the freeholds and associated assets of SEHL through providing a high level of administrative support to ensure an exceptional level of customer service is delivered.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the ongoing monitoring of managing agent performance through:
- Monthly financial reporting (monitoring service charge arrears)
- Monthly financial report presentation meetings
- Site Walks (weekly per site)
- Quarterly presentations
- BSC Five Star Health & Safety Audit
- Feedback from customer satisfaction questionnaire
- Annual managing agent performance audits
- Assisting with the production of Estate Management information for reporting to the Board of Directors
- Assist with block handovers to the managing agent (including provision of leases)
- Arranging insurances (obtaining re-build valuations, informing insurance broker, monitoring claims and statutory inspections)
- Retaining an overview of significant maintenance works
- Identifying and arranging estate improvement works with the oversight of the Head of Estate Management
- Escalation of all major resident complaints (e.g. district heating charges, FFT issues) to the Head of Estate Management
- Maintaining and managing relationshpis with key stakeholders (e.g. housing associations)
- Attend Build Sales/ Estate Management/ Customer Service team meetings
- Attend Housing Association/ Estate Management meetings
- Monthly collection of method statements and risk assessments for high risk works carried out
- Any other duties as required by the Head of Estate Management or Estate Facilities Manager
Sets oneself clear and challenging objectives, striving to achieve them within agreed deadlines
Is accurate, pays attention to detail and ensures tasks are completed on time
Efficient in one’s use of time and works in a well-structured way
Takes a collaborative view and actively encourages and promotes a team approach to achieve the required result or objective
Builds and maintains good relationships with customers and colleagues by adopting the most appropriate approach to deal with people and situations. Encourages the contribution of others and takes their views into account.
Demonstrates a genuine interest in coaching and developing others in order to improve performance
Takes appropriate action before being asked and actively finds solutions to problems
Projects a realistic belief in one’s own ability. Not afraid of criticism, will raise issues and challenge even in the face of expected or actual opposition
Has an up to date and detailed understanding of the needs of all our customers and the needs of Berkeley St Edward.
Takes responsibility for personal improvement, learning from experience and new situations
Thinks of and/or encourages new ideas, and is keen to experiment and see ideas implemented
Displays good judgement ability. Makes timely and balanced decisions based on available information but is prepared to review if circumstances change
Contributes to strategic plans within the organisation. Able to apply knowledge of industry, market and organisation to long term strategy
Anticipates the possible demands and outcomes of a particular task or situation – plans and prioritises appropriately.
Personal drive & enthusiasm:
Motivated to initiate and persist toward a chosen objective or to grow within their role/career.
Demonstrates repeated effort over a period of time, overcoming obstacles in order to achieve a goal.
Willingness to take on additional responsibility
Shows willingness to support team objectives and outputs by seeking additional responsibility.
- Ideally 1+ years experience working in Leasehold Property Management
- Ideally AIRPM qualified
- Ideally possesses property management related, or other relevant undergraduate or post graduate degree
- Demonstrated understanding of landlord and tenant legislation, health & safety at work act, employment law, and other applicable legislation
- Understanding of the RICS Code of Practice and industry guidelines
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view