About the role
The role will be responsible for providing a range of services to the property owners and tenants, including finance and budgetary management, managing tenants and organising necessary maintenance works.
The role will involve coordinating the management of a specific portfolio of clients and reporting to the property manager(s). The role is office based but may require visiting properties from time to time.
What will joining this company do for you?
- Mentoring from the business owner
- Supportive & collaborative working environment
- Working with a relaxed, close-knit team
- This position will suit a career-minded and enthusiastic individual who is looking to progress within a smaller company, able to offer bespoke support and guidance.
- Assist the Block Management team in the management of the Leasehold portfolio
- Working with in-house Property Managers in relation to handling planned and reactive repairs and remotely monitor allocated contractors
- Liaise with lessees, residents, contractors and other as required, including dealing with all forms of communication in a timely and courteous manner
- Other daily duties involve dealing with incoming phone calls (as part of a team) and assisting in the general running and administration of the company
- Obtaining various quotations ensuring costs stay in line with budgets
- Instruct appropriate contractors for works of repair/maintenance, working within Landlord & Tenant Act procedures, referring to appropriate Section 20 requirements and the company’s internal procedures in that regard
- Comply with Health & Safety and ensure contractors, lessees and residents do so also
- Site inspections
- Gaining an excellent understanding of our software, in particular FixFlo. Processing all maintenance issues through FixFlo and monitoring such to ensure timely handling of suc
- Continued IRPM/ ARMA/RICS development will be offered by the company to ensure the employee has a strong understanding of the surrounding legislative and contractual influences when managing property
- Able to work within pressurised situations and within a busy office environment
- Team Player
- Hands on and able to use own initiative
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively (via telephone, email, letters, and in person) with a willingness to help others
- Highly organised
- Provide exemplary service to clients
- High level of discretion and diplomacy
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Full UK driving licence.
Experience working in an Administration role (ideally within property/Block Management but a Lettings background will be considered)
- Industry related qualifications such as IRPM / RICS / IOSH
- Knowledge of Landlord & Tenant Act 1985, Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002, Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and The Work at Height Regulations 2005