About EK Digital
EK Digital is a digital surveying and imaging company which provides a range of services to the property and construction sectors, including drone surveys, photography, 360 video surveys and time-lapse solutions.
Our current office is based in Croydon. However, later this year we will be moving to the Earl Kendrick offices in London Bridge with a workshop based in Coulsdon, Surrey.
This role will be predominantly on site, however, the successful candidate will be expected to easily commute to both locations regularly.
This exciting new role will be to provide a support function to the EKD team, undertaking a range of digital surveying services to a wide spectrum of property clients, including managing agents, architects, developers, commercial landlords and social housing providers.
As a trainee you will be expected to undertake basic tasks to support the operations of the business. You will receive ongoing training and be able to take on more responsibilities as your skillset develops. You will be supported in gaining relevant experience and qualifications such as a drone GVC. For the successful candidate there is opportunity to progress quickly within the company.
The position involves regular outdoor work and can be physically demanding. Hours will be irregular and any contract offered will reflect this. This will not be a 9-5 position.
Tasks within this role will include, but not limited to:
- Operate as support to the Senior Drone Pilot
- Assist with pre-flight planning and risk analysis
- Assist with post flight data management and operational paperwork
- Help manage and undertake the maintenance and preparation of equipment
- Onsite public liaison
- Undertake social media tasks on behalf of the company
This is an exciting, unique opportunity for the right person to join a rapidly expanding successful company and become a vital part of its continued growth. You will be need to be interested in working in the built environment as well as working with drones and other technology. A willingness to develop new skills and learn “on the job” is essential.
You will be required to work well under pressure and be self-motivated to help deliver the continued high level of output our clients have come to expect. You must be willing to travel nationwide for varied lengths of time (including some weekends/bank holidays) and be permitted to work in the UK.
Ideal Candidate requirements:
- Interest or background in the built environment • Interest in working with drones (flying experience is not expected but is an advantage)
- GVC or UK NQE qualification an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to operate effectively as part of a team
- Basic video and photography skills essential
- Experience in Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop suite or similar software
- Highly computer literate
- Have experience in using social media; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Full UK Driving License an advantage
All applicants must be based within a commutable distance from the office locations as stated above or be prepared to relocate. If you do not fulfil all the requirements but feel that those you do possess skills of a significantly high standard please do get in touch.