Main Purpose of the Role
To provide a professional administration and secretarial support to the office and relevant site staff.
To ensure that a first class front of house service is provided at all times to all visitors and staff. To obtain skills to assist with and supporting an NVQ level 2 therefore it is desirable that the candidate has already achieved a Level 1 in their field.
Duties & Responsibilities
Health & Safety:
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in line within the company health and safety procedures and policies guidelines
- Ensure that all documents are produced within the timescales agreed
- Ensure that all external calls are answered quickly and efficiently and forwarded to the correct person
- To book and manage outgoing couriers in order to meet deadlines
- Keeping diaries, book meeting rooms and make appointments as required including ordering/providing refreshments
- Opening and sending out of post on a daily basis
- Ensure that all calls and Visitors are dealt with in a professional polite manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Provide excellent administrative support to all departments using Microsoft office suite i.e. word, excel, and powerpoint
- Ensuring all printers and photocopiers are in working order and logging calls to engineers when required
- To produce high quality documents i.e copy typing, presentations, spreadsheets and databases
- Binding of documents for clients and residents
- All documents must be produced to meet company guidelines
- Professional personal presentation must be maintained at all times
- Where possible to look at cost effective ways of producing work/documents
- Look to reduce the amount of paper used within the office and offer a soft copy option where possible
- Ordering of Stationary and office consumables
- Provide monthly photocopier meter readings
- Work as part of a team to ensure that there is a consistent level of work for all of the team
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as and when required
Scope/size of role (budgets, turnover, people etc):
- Working as part of a team providing Secretarial support for office and relevant site-based staff
Significant internal/external relationships:
- Internal: office based staff
- External: visitors, client
8am – 5pm
London Living Wage
12-18 Months, depending on current qualifications and experience.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants need to have at least a Level 1 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths. You will also need an Entry Level 3 in ICT.
It would be an advantage if you have previous related work experience and should be confident using ICT.