Main Purpose of the Role
To obtain skills to assist with and supporting an NVQ level 2 therefore it is desirable (Not essential) that the candidate has already achieved a Level 1 in their trade.
Duties & Responsibilities
Health & Safety:
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in line with the sub-contractors Health and safety plan.
- Including HPL health and safety requirements
- Understanding specification of paints
- Preparing walls ready for paint
- Preparing woodwork ready for paint
- Rolling in walls
- Prime and gloss woodwork
- Ensuring the work area is kept tidy
- Working in all weather conditions
- Take pride in work
- Presentation of completed work
- Protection of completed work
- Take ownership of completed work
- Good timekeeper
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good communication skills
- Take pride in their appearance
- A customer focused approach
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Understand the value of the materials that are being used.
- Understand waste is to be minimised
- To work in partnership with other Contractors and work as a team
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- A team player and have with a flexible approach
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as and when required
- Some knowledge of Decorating works would be preferred
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good practical skills
8am – 5pm
London Living Wage
12-24 Months, depending on current qualifications and experience.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants need to have at least an Entry Level 3 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade D or above in English and Maths
It will be advantageous if you have already completed technical certificates in painting & decorating or multi-skills, have previous related work experience, CSCS and/or PASMA, but this is certainly not essential.