Main Purpose of the Role
To obtain skills to assist with and supporting an NVQ level 2 therefore it is desirable (Not essential) that the candidate has already achieved a Level 1 in their trade.
Duties & Responsibilities
Health & Safety:
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in line with the sub-contractors Health and safety plan.
- Including HPL health and safety requirements
- Using power tools
- Cutting and bending of pipework
- Setting out for pipework
- Finding and fixing faults
- Ensuring the work area is kept tidy
- Working in all weather conditions
- Take pride in work
- Presentation of completed work
- Protection of completed work
- Take ownership of completed work
- Good timekeeper
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good communication skills
- Take pride in their appearance
- A customer focused approach
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Understand the value of the materials that are being used.
- Understand waste is to be minimised
- To work in partnership with other Contractors and work as a team
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- A team player and have a flexible approach
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as and when required
- Some knowledge of plumbing works would be preferred
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good practical skills
8am – 5pm
London Living Wage
12-24 Months, depending on current qualifications and experience.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Good written and verbal communication skills, including the skill of listening and following both simple and complex instructions.
- At least a Level 1 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths.
- Entry Level 3 for ICT.
It will be advantageous if you already have a City & Guilds L1 or 2 in plumbing and/or have previous related work experience, CSCS and or PASMA